Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Ups Downs and Slowrolls

So today was on OK day i guess. I didn't make to much money, actually i think i only made $19 after going up and down but it feels good to actually have profit after the day I've had. I did something i didn't think i was going to do again for a long time actually, i put money on Bodog. Actually i wanted to play the Sunday million on Stars this past weekend so i bought a Visa Gift2Go card and it didn't work even after a countless number of people on pocketfives said that they do.
I had downloaded Bodog a long time ago and played there for a while but i didn't really like the interface so left but now that they have some really good tourneys and some really easy satellites i figured id give it a shot. I decided thought that i was going to start from scratch pretty much and do what i used to do when i deposited before i really got the whole concept of the game. I only put on $25 and was going to play the cheap-seats tourney in to the 6 handed satellite for the Sunday 100k guaranteed. Well i saw that they now have $3.50 tournament dollar SnGs so i decided to play those and see what i could do. These are rather fun to play actually since its a 10 person table and it pays 1st: $27 tourney dollars and 2nd/3rd both get their buy ins back. I played 3 at a time to start of and i won the first two and got 2nd in the last one so i was doing pretty good. Then the bug got me and i decided that since Bodog is notorious for soft cash games i decided to play and sit with the rest of my money at 25nl. WELL............... After about 20 min of play i think that i had around $38 and then i got all in preflop with AA to J9soooooooooted and lost to trip jacks which is always good for the last bit of cash i was gonna deposit. I still had $54 in tourney dollars so i was going to play some sngs but realised that that you cant use them for sngs so i am going to have to wait until there is a good tourney tomorrow night.
Now for Absolute.... i had $505.68 to start the day( i remember the change because i hate going below whole #s and had just enough to play a $5.25 HU) and i won the HU sng and then i played a $10 HU sng and lost that. So i was at an even $500 and sat w half a buy in at 100nl and got it up to almost a full buy in after about 45 min...but what kind of blog entry would this be without my daily bad beat for a large sum of money??? I got AA(yes the same hand i busted on Bodog with) in the BB and the guy utg raised to $4 and there was 3 callers and the button re raised to $10, it gets to me and i figure that i need to make it a big raise to make the trash hands fold so i make it $27 to go and it folds to the button. He thinks for a while and then shoves the rest of his/ my stack and i insta call. He flips QQ and i know already that I'm gonna lose because every time i get AA cracked on this site it is always by QQ( remember the hole in my wall) well it bricks all the way to the river and then there it was, a beautiful Q to end my good run at 100nl for the day. It would have been nice to sit with half a buy in and leave with two full buy ins but oh well. I have really been trying to work on my tilt control and know that i am always going to take bad beats and not let them affect me and today was no different. I just closed the table and sat there for a while. Now my roommate on the other hand is/ has been on the ass end of variance for a while now and has already gone through about 4 mice since we first moved in.lol
After the suck out in the cash game i played in a $40 sng and played pretty well for the first couple of rounds. I think when it was 75/150 i made a play at a pot and got called down on it and left myself with 300 chips but i ended up coming in second for $108 so it evened out my day. The guy that i played when it was HU was pretty terrible IMO and was playing pretty much ATC so it was tough to put him on a hand. For example i raised from the button with 1010 and he called me w 24s and flopped trips and rivered a boat but i got away from it cheap because there was a Q on the flop. He ended up beating me when i got it all in on the turn with a set of 6s and he slow rolls me with a straight, keep in mind that i raised preflop 5xBB and C raised the flop and he hit a straight on the turn with 47o.

Bankroll
Absolute: $519
Bodog:$54 tourney dollars
Long post award???

No comments: